Just in time for your holiday entertaining shopping list, here are my top 10 picks for you wines! These are all under $20 and can be found at a local wine shop or retailer like Whole Foods. These recos are short and sweet: price point range and my notes. Enjoy!
1. 2011 Couly Dutheil Chinon Rouge 'La Baronne Madeleine' $19.99
French Cabernet Franc with solid tannins, juicy & smokey black fruit.
2. 2013/2014/2015 Amayna Boya Leyda Valley Pinot Noir $14.99
Hard to find this varietal with this amount of quality at this price.
3. 2014 Villacreces 'Pruno' Ribera del Duero $16.99
Tempranillo based beauty with body and acidity.
4. 2013 Il Poggione Rosso di Montalcino $18.99.
A Tuscan red which is bright and floral but has weight.
5. 2010 Chateau Lamothe Bergeron Haut Medoc $17.99
Gotta have your Bordeaux at an affordable price- great vintage too.
6. 2012 Columbia Crest H3 Le Chevaux Red Blend $11.99
When you want an everyday red at a great price.
7. 2012 Senorio de Barahonda Barrica $14.99
A complex, inky blend of Monastrell and Syrah
8. 2014 Opolo Zinfandel $18.99
A true Zin with deep extracted fruit, minerality, rich.
9. 2012 Chris Ringland 'CR' Shiraz $19.99
Layers of cherry, chocolate, plum cake, leather- just dang good fireplace wine.
10. 2012 Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon $19.99
Complex cool climate Cab with all the body you want