Hi everyone! Spring is here and for wine that means new life in the Northern Hemisphere and Harvest and Crush in the Southern Hemisphere. There's alot going on, it's been a very busy month and I have so much to share. Here's a little bit about what you can expect from the Windy City Wine Guy in the next week:
- Al Fresco dining. Chicago's bars and restaurants will be opening their patios to patrons eager to enjoy food, drink and the weather. I'll be sharing some of my favorites.
- Whiskey Fest 2010. I was fortunate enough to be a part of this event for the 2nd year in a row and I will be sharing all that I tasted with you.
- Kentucky Derby is coming up and a great time to find some wine pairings and what is a mint julep?!
- Cinco de Mayo is also coming up and I have some great wine and bev recommendations to go with Mexican cuisine.
- Reynoso Family Vineyards. I received samples from this small batch winery and will share my tasting notes with you. They look to be a part of the Chicago wine market in the upcoming months.
- Chilean wine. I attended a Wines of Chile tasting and discovered so much great juice. Looking forward to writing about that.
I'm glad that I have a great audience to share my tastings with. Knowing that I am not the only benefactor of my experiences drives me to write and keep on the move. Thanks!